On these few pages you will find answers to all your questions about meditation and yoga and how they relate to creation of social improvements and lasting, permanent world peace.
I have chosen to present to you the information about Transcendental Meditation (TM) because of several reasons:
- It’s an authentic meditation/yoga technique, it is completely natural and therefore it is effortless to practice.
- Transcendental Meditation is not a religion or philosophy, nor does it require any change of lifestyle. It is easy to learn and enjoyable to practice, and is practised by people from all walks of life.
- The effects of TM are experienced within days or few weeks and they increase with regular practice. Extensive research has found it reduces stress and anxiety resulting in more inner peace, creativity and intelligence, health, success, happiness and fulfilment. Transcendental Meditation unfolds the full potential of life.
- TM is the most thoroughly researched meditation/yoga technique available – the results are verified by over 350 published research studies showing that the TM technique effortlessly produces a state of restful alertness that markedly reduces stress, anxiety, and fatigue. It can bring about marked improvements in every aspect of life: mind, body, behaviour, and society.
- Over five million people have learned it — people of all ages, cultures, and religions.
- My own experience of practising TM for the last 47 years – see here.
Click on the images below:
Comparing Meditation Techniques
A study published in the journal Consciousness and Cognition identified the following three meditation categories, based on measured brain wave differences:
- Concentration or focus : Zen, Vipassana, etc.
- Open monitoring : Mindfulness, Kriya Yoga, etc.
- Self-transcending : Transcendental Meditation
Meditation techniques and their impact on the brain
Why do people who have tried other techniques find TM to be completely different?
A) Absolutely effortlessThe TM technique is so easy and enjoyable that anyone can do it, even children with ADHD.
- No concentrating
- No control of the mind
- No monitoring of thoughts (mindfulness)
- No trying to “empty the mind”
B) Proven effectiveHundreds of published research studies on the TM technique have documented its effectiveness on stress and anxiety, brain function, cardiovascular health, and more.
The Global Union of Scientists for Peace has recently published an Open Letter to Presidents Obama, Hollande and Putin–and to the leaders of all nations–proposing a scientific alternative to the conventional approach of creating peace through force or violence (International New York Times, December 3, 2015). An open letter…
Consciousness-Based Education develops Self Knowledge “Education centers on the objective aspect of reality but misses knowledge of the subjective “Knower.” — Maharishi Mahesh Yogi http://www.tm.org/blog/maharishi/maharishi-knowledge-of-the-knower-is-the-basis-of-all-knowing/ https://www.mum.edu/about-mum/self-discovery https://www.mum.edu/about-mum/consciousness-based-education/ Maharishi: Knowledge of the Knower (4 min.) Present education provides knowledge of the object but misses knowledge of the knower. (Speaking…
Developing higher states of consciousness By Ann Purcell We live our 24/7 daily cycles of life by going through the waking, dreaming, and sleeping states of consciousness–unless one has perpetual insomnia! In our quiet moments, we often ask ourselves the question, “Is there more to life?” or “What is the…
This is a section (start on page 22) from a free PDF book that you can download from a website about the most powerful and cost effective way to create world peace: http://www.worldpeacegroup.org/Super_Radiance_research_summaries.html “The disproportionate impact that a Super Radiance group achieves as it grows larger means that the creation…