On these few pages you will find answers to all your questions about meditation and yoga and how they relate to creation of social improvements and lasting, permanent world peace.
I have chosen to present to you the information about Transcendental Meditation (TM) because of several reasons:
- It’s an authentic meditation/yoga technique, it is completely natural and therefore it is effortless to practice.
- Transcendental Meditation is not a religion or philosophy, nor does it require any change of lifestyle. It is easy to learn and enjoyable to practice, and is practised by people from all walks of life.
- The effects of TM are experienced within days or few weeks and they increase with regular practice. Extensive research has found it reduces stress and anxiety resulting in more inner peace, creativity and intelligence, health, success, happiness and fulfilment. Transcendental Meditation unfolds the full potential of life.
- TM is the most thoroughly researched meditation/yoga technique available – the results are verified by over 350 published research studies showing that the TM technique effortlessly produces a state of restful alertness that markedly reduces stress, anxiety, and fatigue. It can bring about marked improvements in every aspect of life: mind, body, behaviour, and society.
- Over five million people have learned it — people of all ages, cultures, and religions.
- My own experience of practising TM for the last 49 years – see here.
Click on the images below:
Comparing Meditation Techniques
A study published in the journal Consciousness and Cognition identified the following three meditation categories, based on measured brain wave differences:
- Concentration or focus : Zen, Vipassana, etc.
- Open monitoring : Mindfulness, Kriya Yoga, etc.
- Self-transcending : Transcendental Meditation
Meditation techniques and their impact on the brain
Why do people who have tried other techniques find TM to be completely different?
A) Absolutely effortlessThe TM technique is so easy and enjoyable that anyone can do it, even children with ADHD.
- No concentrating
- No control of the mind
- No monitoring of thoughts (mindfulness)
- No trying to “empty the mind”
B) Proven effectiveHundreds of published research studies on the TM technique have documented its effectiveness on stress and anxiety, brain function, cardiovascular health, and more.
Meditation Essentials in 5 Minutes. TM. Compare Meditation Techniques. How to Learn Meditation. Transcendental Meditation. Transcending. Free Meditation. Contemplation. Concentration. Relaxation. Meditating Celebrities. Meditating Schools. Scientific Research on Meditation. Meditation and Blood Pressure. Stress and Meditation. Relief for Tension, Anxiety, Stress, Strain. Medical Benefits of Meditation. Scientific Proof of Meditation.…
By Sharalyn Pliler, Author, Philosopher, Mediator, Meditator This is an important question and I want to give it the respect it deserves. To answer, however, I need to address the meaning of the word cult. As a wordsmith I’ve observed that people use many words without ever knowing their real…
Clinical psychologist and mindfulness teacher, Donna Rockwell, answers this common question eloquently in the New York Time’s bestseller “Strength in Stillness“. Here’s the excerpt: For me, mindfulness has been a boot camp training of reining in the tendency of the mind to wander. You notice that tendency to wander and,…
Developing higher states of consciousness By Ann Purcell We live our 24/7 daily cycles of life by going through the waking, dreaming, and sleeping states of consciousness–unless one has perpetual insomnia! In our quiet moments, we often ask ourselves the question, “Is there more to life?” or “What is the…
David Orme-Johnston, PhD, from Maharishi University of Management, IA, USA, explains what is the Maharishi Effect, the scientific approach to create world peace. Thanks for sharing 🙂
Impacting Children’s Health Through Meditation Globally with Katy Perry and Bob Roth The Unite to Cure conference https://vaticanconference2018.com/ was attended by 300 of the top global leaders in medicine (heads of medical schools worldwide), business, government and religion. They said this was the best presentation of the entire event. …