On these few pages you will find answers to all your questions about meditation and yoga and how they relate to creation of social improvements and lasting, permanent world peace.
I have chosen to present to you the information about Transcendental Meditation (TM) because of several reasons:
- It’s an authentic meditation/yoga technique, it is completely natural and therefore it is effortless to practice.
- Transcendental Meditation is not a religion or philosophy, nor does it require any change of lifestyle. It is easy to learn and enjoyable to practice, and is practised by people from all walks of life.
- The effects of TM are experienced within days or few weeks and they increase with regular practice. Extensive research has found it reduces stress and anxiety resulting in more inner peace, creativity and intelligence, health, success, happiness and fulfilment. Transcendental Meditation unfolds the full potential of life.
- TM is the most thoroughly researched meditation/yoga technique available – the results are verified by over 350 published research studies showing that the TM technique effortlessly produces a state of restful alertness that markedly reduces stress, anxiety, and fatigue. It can bring about marked improvements in every aspect of life: mind, body, behaviour, and society.
- Over five million people have learned it — people of all ages, cultures, and religions.
- My own experience of practising TM for the last 49 years – see here.
Click on the images below:
Comparing Meditation Techniques
A study published in the journal Consciousness and Cognition identified the following three meditation categories, based on measured brain wave differences:
- Concentration or focus : Zen, Vipassana, etc.
- Open monitoring : Mindfulness, Kriya Yoga, etc.
- Self-transcending : Transcendental Meditation
Meditation techniques and their impact on the brain
Why do people who have tried other techniques find TM to be completely different?
A) Absolutely effortlessThe TM technique is so easy and enjoyable that anyone can do it, even children with ADHD.
- No concentrating
- No control of the mind
- No monitoring of thoughts (mindfulness)
- No trying to “empty the mind”
B) Proven effectiveHundreds of published research studies on the TM technique have documented its effectiveness on stress and anxiety, brain function, cardiovascular health, and more.
Below is the content of the petition on avaaz.org and the link to submit your vote for peace in Middle East: Click here: President Obama, President Putin, PM Cameron: We call on you to help send a peace group of meditators to the Middle East “As global citizens, horrified by…
“Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them.” — Albert Einstein Are you ready to develop your mind to its full potential so that you always be able to solve any problems even before they arise? Thanks for sharing 🙂